Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Post!

Welcome to my blog. I have been inspired by Jen of Epbot (and Cake Wrecks) to start blogging about my two biggest passions: crafts and geekiness.

What kind of crafts, you may ask? Sadly, I do not have the time or resources to attempt any of the stuff Jen does (like her penny table--seriously, it's amazing!) but I taught myself how to crochet and knit. I also do a bit of sewing, and I would love to get into dollhouse miniatures. I have some photos of crafts that I've already done, so I'll begin posting those soon. I also have some more planned, but those may have to wait as they will probably end up as Christmas gifts.

What kind of geekery? Well, let's see. My favorite at the moment is Doctor Who. I discovered it earlier this year and I'm catching up on all of the David Tennant episodes. I've seen a couple with Matt Smith, and he's very good, but Ten will always be MY Doctor. Star Trek is awesome--my favorites are the original series and Next Gen. I really liked the 2009 movie, especially because of Zachary Quinto as Spock. I was an avid follower of Heroes until I realized that they would never stop adding characters, and it just got too hard to follow.

If a show or a movie is connected to Joss Whedon (evil genius), I will watch it. He is a genius because he is very good at creating believable, likable characters, and evil because he then tortures them. But yeah, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, I'm there. Angel was my "gateway drug" into vampire fiction, and from there I discovered L.J. Smith's "Vampire Diaries" (before the TV show), Charlaine Harris's vampire series (also before it was turned into "True Blood"), and many others. These days I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I like vampires because people tend to assume this means I am a Screaming Teenage Twilight Fan Girl (STTFG). For the record, I am no longer a teenager and was never a screaming fan girl. I was a bit of a fan for a while. These days I'm trying to stay away from all the Twilight debates. I'm ready for the books to fall into obscurity.

I was a ground-level Harry Potter fan, thanks to my awesome fifth-grade teacher who read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to our class, back before it became a worldwide phenomenon. I don't like the movies as much, but I'll probably go and see the last ones.

Somebody stop me before I ramble on any more! I shall finish this post simply by saying, "DFTBA!"

(All right, fine. It stands for "Don't Forget To Be Awesome." Now go follow the link for more info!)

No comments:

Post a Comment