Saturday, June 23, 2012

Why I Love Summer

I am a person who very rarely remembers my dreams. Not sure why, and sometimes I wish I remembered them more often. Last night, I had such a great dream that I decided I had to write it down so I would remember it.

I was at work, and they were having a picnic. I work in a daycare center which is on the first floor of an office building, and in my dream the picnic was for everyone who works in the building. So I got to meet a lot of new people, and everyone was very friendly. The weather was perfect, the food was good..it was overall just a nice time.

 Then the dream shifted to later in the afternoon, and I was outside with the kids in my preschool class, playing in the sprinkler. We actually did this yesterday, but in reality our "sprinkler" is just a garden hose, and we just sprayed the kids from the knees down. The lead teacher was afraid that the kids would be too cold if we got them wet all over. Also, we sprayed them one at a time because she was worried someone would get hurt if they ran around too much. But in my dream, the kids had an actual sprinkler, and they got to run around and get soaked.

Then the sprinkler turned into something I remember from a park in my neighborhood growing up: a giant whale that sprays water, big enough for the kids to climb on. Again, everyone was just having a good time. No worries about getting too wet or falling and getting hurt.

 Just pure summer fun.

And that is why I woke up with a huge smile on my face this morning.

In other news, Jason and I saw Brave last night. Highly recommended. In fact, I am off right now to find the soundtrack on iTunes. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment