Wednesday, March 2, 2011

C2E2 Update!

I found myself with some extra time on my hands this morning, so I have been doing some poking around online. I now have an expanded list of celebs to meet at C2E2.

-Eliza Dushku: Faith from Buffy; Echo from Dollhouse. NEED a photo with her.
-Mark Sheppard: Sterling on Leverage, one of the best shows currently on TV. For more on Leverage, see the end of this post.
-Natalie Morales: Wendy Watson from The Middleman, which is exactly the kind of show I love and networks hate. Lasted one season on ABC Family before they decided what the world needs is more dramas about teens having sex.
-Matt Keeslar: Starred in The Middleman and Dollhouse, appeared in an episode of Leverage.
-Rick Bayless: Chicago chef who hosts a cooking show on PBS. No, I have no idea what he is doing at the nerd convention. I will probably get his autograph for my mom.
-ItsJustSomeRandomGuy: probably my favorite YouTuber ever. He may not actually be at the convention, but he was there last year and yesterday he posted a promo for the convention. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My costume is complete! Went to Toys 'R' Us on Tuesday and got an oversized Nerf gun and matching bandolier. It looks ridiculous, but in a good way. Johnny was impressed. I just hope that Nerf weapons are allowed...their FAQ's had a "Weapons Policy" that did not mention anything about Nerf one way or the other. I hope Nerf guns are not counted as "functional firearms" (cap guns and pellet guns are not allowed). Jason said that people walk around with Airsoft guns, so I should be fine. I will probably leave the clip home just to be on the safe side.

Now, as to why Leverage is one of my favorite shows of all time. The premise is that the members of the Leverage team cheat and steal from the bad guys to bring them down as punishment for crimes they got away with. Robin Hood meets Ocean's Eleven, with a heavy dose of Mission: Impossible? Sold! When watching the previews on TNT I recognized Christian Kane (Lindsey from Angel) as one of the main characters. That, paired with the premise of the show, was enough to make me tune in to the first episode. I was immediately hooked. The writing and acting are simply fantastic. All of the team members have a great dynamic, and the writers do a great job of exploring the various relationships, while still focusing on a tight, exciting story every week. I was certain that this show was too good to last for more than one season, but TNT really surprised me. Coming this year is Season Four. Happy dance!

For more on Leverage, visit their TV Tropes page or their website, where you can watch the a few of the latest full episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment