Thursday, March 24, 2011

Great Scott!

I cannot WAIT for Wizard World. Yes, I know that I just went to a convention last weekend. But WW is going to be EPIC. There is no other word for it. I was already excited when Jason told me Patrick Stewart was going to be there. I thought there was no way to top Captain Picard. But just the other day, they announced that none other than Christopher Lloyd was going to be there! I started geeking out. He is quite possibly my favorite actor of all time. He is fantastic in all of his roles, from Doc Brown to Reverend Jim to the Klingon commander from Star Trek 3. Jason wants to have him sign his Genesis device:


But yeah, I will watch anything with Christopher Lloyd in it. Including several movies I rented specifically because his name showed up on the cast list. I remember him as Al the angel from Angels in the Outfield...Uncle Martin from the movie remake of My Favorite Martian...the "counselor" from Camp Nowhere...The Hacker in Cyberchase.


I used to tell people I watched this show because my little brother liked it. Which he did, but I liked it too. Because I am, unapologetically, a huge dork. Oh, and if the voice of the robot bird sounds familiar, that is because he is voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

As if Christopher Lloyd and Patrick Stewart weren't enough, there are a ton of other people I am excited about. From Buffy/Angel, we have James Marsters (Spike. HELL yes!), Julie Benz (Darla), Nicholas Brendon (Xander!), and Mercedes McNab (Harmony). Incidentally, I found out that one of her early roles was as Amanda from the Addams Family movies.


And Christopher Lloyd was in that movie too! Ooh, maybe I can get both of them to sign it.

We also have LeVar Burton (Geordi from Star Trek Next Gen), Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly), and Felicia Day (Penny from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog). And you can find the complete list (and not just the people who worked with Joss Whedon) here. Well, based on my experience at C2E2, I will need to prioritize who I want to meet. It is a very good thing I will be going to Wizard more than one day. And if everyone is charging $30 or $40 for an autograph, I should probably start saving up now. I do love conventions. Next on my schedule is Cyphan at the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment