Friday, April 29, 2011

Spam of the Week

Today's spam is supposedly from Nokia, and unlike the other scams, claims that I have won a large sum of money in a contest I never entered (and likely does not exist).

Subject: Congratulations!

Text:
NOKIA PROMOTION AWARD TEAM
Suite 210, Coborn House, 3 Coborn Road,
Docklands, London,E3 2DA, UK
United Kingdom
Ref: BTD/968/09
Batch: 409978E.

Nokia 2010 winning Bonanza!!!"
Wow, three exclamation marks and a quotation mark. Very...professional? Also, what exactly is a "winning Bonanza"?

Congratulations!!

Dear Winner,

We wish to inform you that your email address has emerged as one of the lucky winners in this year Nokia Promotion Award Team, and you have therefore won for yourself a total cash sum of £500,000.00 GBP (Five hundred thousand Great Britain Pounds) in this category (Batch:409978E).
Sweet! Five hundred thousand pounds? That would be, what, a million dollars? I wonder what else I could win for myself. I hate winning stuff for other people. Of course, I do not live in Britain, so even if I had entered this contest I doubt I would be eligible.
Typo: "year" instead of "year's"


All email addresses entered for this promotional draws were randomly inputted from an internet resource database using the Synchronized Random Selection System (SRSS).
I wonder if my email address was "randomly inputted" into any other databases. I hope not. Is "inputted" a word? I thought it was "input" for past and present tense. Oh well.
Error: "this promotional draws" instead of "this...draw" or "these...draws."



To process your winning/claim your won funds, send the following informations to

Name:Mr.Lester Gold
Email: nokiapromodptgold007@yahoo.co.jp
Tel:+44 704 5747 360
Nokia Promotion Award Team
Head Winning Claims Dept
Ha! Not likely. Maybe I should forward some unique business opportunities to that email address, though. I wonder what would happen...

1. Your Full Names: Full names? Tom Jackman. And Mr. Hyde.
2. Address: 123 Sesame Street (What can I say...I'm old-school)
3. Country:: Anvilania
4. Age: Older than I look
5. Telephone/Fax Number: What would they do with a fax number? Send the bills through the machine?
6. Occupation: What does this have to do with claiming my money?
7. Gender: See above. Creeps.

Congratulations to you from the management and staff of Nokia Promotion
Award Team.
Wow, the management AND staff are congratulating me! Did they throw me a party? Was there cake? WHY DIDN'T I GET A SLICE??

Yours Faithfully,


Sincerely,
Mrs.Ross Webb
Head Customer Care Service
Nokia Promotion Award Team.
Copyright © 1976-2010

Mine faithfully AND sincerely. What an honor. Also, I love how they assume people will think it is legitimate because they stuck a Copyright symbol in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment