Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hat-a-week: Hat #6

This hat is warm and fuzzy, perfect for walking in newly fallen snow. I woke up this morning and saw we had gotten a couple inches overnight. I'm one of those rare adults who still gets excited over snow, so it was a great way to start my weekend. Especially since Chicago has been awfully light on snow the whole winter so far.



I had a busy week this week, so this hat is a quickie. The pattern is from a knitting Page-A-Day calendar I had several years ago designed by Pine Tree Yarns (the link will take you to the Ravelry page for the design but the actual pattern is no longer available). I used the bulky weight instructions, along with Knit One, Crochet Too Fleece yarn. The bottom was done in garter stitch with a solid yarn and the rest was done with a variegated yarn (which appears to be a discontinued color). This was a yarn I'd had sitting around for a while and I had been waiting for a chance to use it. I love polar fleece, and the resulting hat definitely feels like the fabric.


Warm, fuzzy, and slightly oversized. I have enough yarn left for another project. I may make some mittens to go with the hat (although I do think wool is the best mitten fiber).

The first month of hats have all been ski caps. The next batch is going to be hats with earflaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment