Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Days of Doctor Who, Day 8

Today's topic: Favorite Season/Series

My favorite season is Series 4. This is for several different reasons. A big part of it is probably because Donna is my favorite companion, but I think another reason is because I watched most of s4 for the first time with Jason. After I introduced him to Doctor Who, we watched all of David Tennant's run together. I started watching Who a few months before we met, and in that time I had seen some of Series 2 and most of Series 3. Most of this was by myself; attempts to get my dad and brother interested in Doctor Who were futile. Mostly. Now Johnny is a Doctor Who fan, in the same way that I am a video game fan. He hangs out so much with other fans that he has enough secondhand knowledge to follow our conversations and insert Dalek jokes.

Which is a rather roundabout way of explaining that I enjoy watching Doctor Who even more when I am watching it with someone else. This is probably at least part of why I am enjoying Series 6 more than Series 5; Jason and I ended up watching most of s5 separately.

But there are a lot of excellent episodes in Series 4. In addition to "Partners in Crime" and "Turn Left" (both discussed in previous entries), you also have "The Doctor's Daughter" and the Moffat-penned two-part episode "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead." In addition to creating the Vashta Nerada (shadow monsters that eat all the flesh off of your bones), Silence/Forest was the first appearance of River Song.

Tomorrow's topic: Least favorite episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment