Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Advent Calendar, Day 17

Today's activity: Make paper snowflakes.


I loved making paper snowflakes when I was a kid, but was always disappointed because no matter how hard I tried, my snowflakes only had four points. It was only last year I discovered this tutorial on making six-pointed paper snowflakes. Yesterday I went looking for some nerdy designs, and found a set of (free!) Star Wars templates here from Anthony Herrera. I got the Vader you see above as well as Emperor Palpatine.

We also did some freehand designs. Jason made this one:


And here is one of mine:


Now we just need to find a place to hang them up. I think they should go in the window we can see them from the outside.

Jason works late on Tuesdays, so we like to do breakfast for dinner when he gets home. I was feeling festive last night, so I added some red and green sprinkles to the waffle batter.


Funfetti waffles! They added some nice color, plus a bit of extra sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment