Monday, December 9, 2013

Advent Calendar, Day 9

Today's activity: Movie night!

We popped up a big bowl of popcorn with our air popper to eat while we watched the movie. I like air-popped popcorn because it is cheaper than the microwave popcorn. It's also healthier...potentially. We topped it with seasoned salt and a couple tablespoons of butter. I'm not sure how it compares to microwave popcorn calorie-wise, but there were no artificial flavors or preservatives.

It was Jason's turn to pick the movie this time around, and he chose the TNT version of A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart.




I think A Christmas Carol is a story that works on many levels. I grew up watching the Disney version (with Mickey and the gang, not the CGI one from a few years back) and my favorite part was watching his transformation. Now I'm drawn to the idea that people who are unkind in life must make amends after they die. It's one of those things that makes sense from a moral standpoint, aside from fitting the narrative so well. And of course, I still love watching Scrooge find his redemption. 

And God bless us, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment