Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Song Advent Calendar, December 20

Today's song: We Three Kings/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by BNL, featuring Sarah McLachlan


Why I love it: The musical arrangement on this song is fantastic. I'm not sure if the fully dressed men in Bare Naked Ladies play their own instruments or if they have a backup band, but they do a great job. It also takes two of my favorite Christmas carols and combines them seamlessly. There's another song coming up in the countdown that does the same thing. Finally, Sarah McLachlan has a gorgeous voice. It's nice to hear her singing something for once that doesn't make me want to cry...like this song about being an abandoned toy. If you really want to cry, listen to these two songs, featured in two separate commercials for animal shelters.

Man, now I need to cheer myself up again. If you like "All I Want for Christmas Is You," check out this version from the Jimmy Fallon show. Mariah Carey sings, and The Roots play the background music...on grade-school music instruments. And that's not even the best part. What is? Watch the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment